Every year, over three million people in the United States receive a skin cancer diagnosis.…
Skin Cancer Doctor in Akron
If you’re looking for a skin cancer doctor in Akron, look no further than Allied Dermatology and Skin Surgery. We’re highly experienced in treating all forms of skin cancer. Our team of board-certified dermatologists, and certified nurse practitioners, have diagnosed and treated numerous patients just like you, helping them understand their cancer and treatment options, ease their anxiety, improve their health and enhance their overall quality of life.
With a diagnosis like this, most skin cancers can be treated quickly and completely cured by a skin cancer doctor in Akron. In fact, when treating skin cancer by performing Mohs surgery, the cure rate can be up to 99.8%. Like all cancers, early detection is key, so please schedule an appointment with us if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms.
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Scaly red patches, elevated growth with central depression, wart-like growth
- This is referred to as Squamous cell carcinoma and, if left untreated, there’s a chance it could become aggressive. See us for annual checkups so we can identify this condition early.
New, rapidly growing moles, or moles that change in shape, color or size:
- This is called Melanoma, and it is the least common, but most dangerous, form of skin cancer. Early detection and treatment is critically important with Melanoma.
Shiny, pinkish patch, sore that heals and then returns
- This condition is called Basal cell carcinoma, and it is the most common and easily treated form of skin cancer. It rarely spreads and, in most cases, can be treated without surgery.
About Mohs Surgery
Developed by Dr. Frederic Mohs in the 1930s, Mohs micrographic surgery is the most effective treatment for just about all skin cancers. It involves removing the cancerous lesion during a microscopic evaluation. During the procedure, a special dye is used to identify the exact borders and depth of the cancer, which is then removed one layer at a time. This process may be repeated several times, and checked under a microscope, until all of the cancerous cells have been removed. Here are some of the key benefits of using Mohs surgery for treating skin cancer in Akron.
Benefits of Mohs Surgery
- A cure rate of up to 99.8%
- Fast healing with minimal scarring
- Only local anesthesia is used
- Most treatments are completed in a single visit
Our dermatologists are experts at treating skin cancer, so call us today at (866) 337-6631 or request an appointment.