We are Hiring Clinical Staff for All Locations
Allied Dermatology and Skin Surgery is a fast paced, growing dermatology practice. We provide a fun, high energy environment with an emphasis on team-work. We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse for our busy practice. Applicant must have a strong work ethic and communication skills. Dermatology and EMR experience is preferred but not required.
Certified Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse
Responsible for assisting the provider with patient care including obtaining a chief complaint, medical history, review of systems, capturing MIPS/MU requirements, obtain required vitals for procedures, consents for procedures and photography of sites specific to the visit. The clinical staff will also assist with all medical, cosmetic and surgical procedures. Other responsibilities include patient education for treatment plans, prescriptions and telephone triage.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Healthcare industry recognized valid license or certification.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.Understanding of human anatomy.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Empathetic with patient needs and concerns.
- Ability to work well with providers, anticipating their needs for patient treatment.
- Primary Duties
- Show patient from waiting room to their assigned exam room at their appointed time.
- Obtain chief complaint.
- Review and/or update medical, family and social history.
- Review of systems.
- Capture MIPS/MU.
- Sets up exam room according to the scheduled procedure or anticipate providers needs if non-scheduled procedure is ordered.
- Ensure proper charting; act as a scribe for provider.
- Assist provider with cosmetic, medical or surgical procedures.
- Educate the patient as required after the provider establishes the treatment plan.
- Ensure that the patient understands the treatment plan, proper use of the prescribed medications and their responsibility for compliance with treatment plan.
- Discuss post medical procedure care and expectations.
- Clean exam rooms after patient’s visit.
- Secondary Duties
- Clean and restocking of all exam rooms.
- Performs all duties related to medical instrument cleaning and sterilization.
- Documents supplies needed to avoid shortages.
- Triage patient phone calls.
- Prior authorization of prescribed medication ordered.
- Follow proper set up procedure for your assigned patient clinic.
- Turn on all equipment needed for daily procedures; check for malfunctions.
- Report equipment malfunctions and clinical issues to the clinical supervisor.
- Follow proper closing procedure for your assigned area after patient clinic.
- Turn off all equipment and return key to designated secured area at the end of the clinics.
- Communication and documentations of pathology and laboratory results.
- Scheduling patients.
- Communication with referring providers/PCP via fax for continuity of patient care.
- Manage provider biopsy and laboratory logs.
- OCISS cancer reporting.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.