Treating Skin Cancer in Mayfield Heights, OH
At Allied Dermatology and Skin Surgery, we offer skin cancer treatment options in Mayfield Heights.
Our team of board-certified Dermatologists and Nurse Practitioner have diagnosed and treated numerous patients just like you, helping them understand their skin cancer diagnosis, ease their anxiety, improve their health and discuss available treatment options.
We provide skin education and recommend skin cancer screenings for early skin cancer detection. In fact, when considering skin cancer treatment options, we can perform Mohs surgery that’s so effective that the treatment rate can be up to 98.7%. When treating with Mohs, it can take up to a couple of hours.
Symptoms of Skin Cancer
Crusty or scaly spots that are often found on the back of the hands:
- This is referred to as Squamous cell carcinoma and, if left untreated, there’s a chance it could become aggressive. See us for annual checkups so we can identify this condition early.
Pink bumps or abnormal spots on your body – often on the face or neck:
- This condition is called Basal cell carcinoma, and it is the most common and easily treated form of skin cancer. It rarely spreads and, in most cases, can be treated without surgery.
Dark brown black or multi-colored growth with irregular borders
- This could be identified as Malignant Melanoma, is the most serious form of skin cancer. The ABCDEs of Melanoma, Asymmetry, Border Irregularity, Color, Diameter and Evolving.
About Mohs Surgery
Developed by Dr. Frederic Mohs in the 1930s, Mohs micrographic surgery is the most effective treatment for just about all skin cancers. It involves removing the cancerous lesion during a microscopic evaluation. During the procedure, a special dye is used to identify the exact borders and depth of the cancer, which is then removed one layer at a time. This process may be repeated several times, and checked under a microscope, until all of the cancerous cells have been removed. Here are some of the key benefits of using Mohs surgery for treating skin cancer in Mayfield Heights.
- A cure rate of up to 99.8%
- Fast healing with minimal scaring
- Only local anesthesia is used
- Preserves as much normal healthy tissue as possible
If you’re looking for skin cancer treatment options in Mayfield Heights, give us a call us at (866) 337-6631 or request an appointment.